Thursday, September 29, 2011

ONLY ME: Part 2

The Germans have left, all 36 of them ( so I was off by one). I was literally crowded out of my seat for internet last night!!! So picking up where I left off, the room, refer to pictures below

kind of like the hotel card keys except a " very high tech" Greek version

the teeny weeny safe


I basically threw my stuff in the room and headed downstairs to find out how to get into town and was told there was a bus, but the schedule wasn't regular. It was however in my budget at 1.60 E. The receptionist told me there was a kiosk 100 meters to the left on the road where I could get a ticket.

I walked over to the kiosk which was like a rustic 7-11 in a hut. The guy who worked there was about my age  but super weather worn but kind of cute in a Greek earthy kind of way. I now know his name is Elias because today when i was attempting to wait for the bus which did not come, he has asked me out for Saturday night to hear Greek music, I told him I'd think about it, didn't want to be rude. I also know now that the little white dog he has is named Ilam. She is 5 which I was informed is 29 in dog years and has had 4 litters of 4 puppies each, 16 in total which makes her like the Duggar of dogs and it's no wonder that pup looks exhausted!




I bought a bus ticket and a chapstick which basically came to the 5 E I had left. After I paid he said," From where did you come?" Kind of a difficult question to answer these days so I just pointed to the direction of the hotel and said there. He asked could I do something for him and for me to wait and then he bent down behind the counter and arose holding an old plastic coca cola glass. The kind that was bulbess at the top and tapered down bottom with the raised coca cola writing in script . He handed it to me. Now normally this would be odd, but this is me so perfectly usual I guess. I took the glass and he said," Over there, across the street see that guy?  His name is Nick, Bring this to him and tell him thank you". I looked around for the hidden camera because even for me now weird so I was sure there was one, but there was not. So I said ok, and I walked across the street handed the glass to Nick, pointed at the kiosk and said, " That guy says thanks".

I spent the next 4 hours writing yesterdays blog, catching up on Facebook, uploading pictures during which time I had a delic Greek dinner from the restaurant at my hotel.



So after a horrible night sleep in an uncomfortable bed, but more so because those loud Germans were up and yelling at 5 am, the icky bathroom and 3km distance from town (which I walked today) I have decided to book 5 more nights here, the remainder until I leave. Why? Because today when I went downstairs I was greeted by a great breakfast, the staff is amazingly hospitable and right across the road is this, where TWO cute waiters bring me my iced tea. I can live with that :)












No comments:

Post a Comment